Monday, April 27, 2009

Patience


Today's quote:

"Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off." ~Author Unknown

Question:

Whether it is counting down or taking a big old deep breath....what can you do to calm yourself so you can avoid blasting off?

What does patience mean to you?

About me:

I used to have a very short temper. I mean very short. Over the past few years I have mellowed...a lot.
Things that used to frustrate me just don't seem to anymore.
I worked with a coach whilst I was studying to become one and I can honestly say she has assisted in the change of the old me to a new and improved version...the best person I can be.
I use meditation...a very short space to collect my thoughts and ask myself in a deep down place "what can I do in this moment to stay calm and avoid any negativity?" I then imagine my body as a beacon of pure light and I can avoid the blast off that would have stepped into it's place before....now it's your turn....

4 comments:

  1. Oh geez. I fail miserably. I am overcome and overwraught. I've very little patience, it seems, and I'm not sure where I might find some. I do try, though. I do try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Failing is part of who we are.
    We only view failing as wrong because somewhere along the line somebody told it wasn't a good thing to do.

    Perhaps you are overcome and overwraught and that's exactly where you need to be right now.

    I just commented on your beautiful blog...twice...

    You continue to make my heart sing with your words like syrup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne I am crazy about this blog site.

    I love quotes and I love to think.

    I laughed at your comment about Nathan when you said ....and I don't even have kids. To funny.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Renee,

    Glad you like the blog.

    I started by posting daily but since the move to NZ is going on I have dropped back a bit.

    I will be posting regularly though so keep visiting. Makes me smile....

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....