Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Monday, November 07, 2011
Friday, November 04, 2011
Today's Quote: "Thoroughly unprepared we take the step into the afternoon of life; worse still, we take this step with the false assumption that our truths and ideals will serve us as hitherto. But we cannot live the afternoon of life according to the programme of life's morning; for what was great in the morning will be little at evening, and what in the morning was true will at evening become a lie" ~ From The Stages Of Life by Carl Jung
Today's Question: How can you step away from ego?
How I apply:
The ego is a tricky devil. We live this way in the early years of our lives and some people live it on and on. It ultimately becomes inauthentic and unfulfilling. Our ego says we should have possessions and pure driven ambition and that we will be nothing without accolades or achievements. This is the morning of life with which Jung refers.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Today's Quote: “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ~ Joseph Campbell
Today's Quote: "You’re just suffering from the belief that there’s something missing from your life. In reality, you always have what you need." ~ Byron Katie
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
- Take 5 minute break by stretching
- Walking slowly around the office
- Ducking outside for a breath of fresh air
- Simply taking some nice calming deep breaths and asking yourself "what could I do to turn this into a bit of a game with myself, to not make it so significant. To lighten my load?"
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Today's Quote: "Mr. Belafonte is 84 years young, but sharper and more awake than most who have been interviewing him. Maybe the world would be a better place if more people took a moment to meditate." ~ Ken Sunshine (Mr Belafonte's rep)
Reducing anxiety, depression and distress
Greater use of positive coping skills such as engagement and prioritising
Greater ability to resolve workplace conflicts
Improved communicationEnhanced Emotional Intelligence- self-perceived ability to identify, assess, and control the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups
Monday, October 17, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Finance spring clean- get honest with yourself about your finances ~ make a budget sheet for you and your family
- Home spring clean- get honest about the amount of clutter in your home/garage ~ Make a list of every room in your home and break it down into a task list you can do over time
- Relationship spring clean- who do you love spending time with and who completely drains you and your energy ~ use the many social media sites or simply write down the people in your life and what they provide you with and make a plan to spend more time with your cherished friends and family members and perhaps limit time with those who don't nourish you as much
- Health spring clean-what kinds of things are you doing for your health and wellbeing ~ Make your health a priority (we only get one body in this life) treat yourself like the precious being you are and clear out the foods in your home which add to unhealthy habits and bring in more clean foods that will nourish you. You could try visiting a health food store and picking one new food a week that you can try
Monday, October 10, 2011
Monday, October 03, 2011
beyond us all,
beyond the heavens,
beyond the highest,
the very highest heavens.
This is the light that shines in our heart.