Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Presence

Today's Quote: "The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Today's Question: Are you being present in your life?

A Bit About Me:
Many of us rush through our day going from meeting to meeting, getting caught up in office politics, going from one task to the next without really being present.
Having brought mindfulness and presence into my day now for the past few years I have a much better handle on what happens during my day. Yes sometimes I can slip on this, it happens, yet I aim to be present more often than not.
It is my gift to others. When we become more present to ourselves and our daily interactions with people and become more mindful of how we are showing up in our lives, we are better equipped to truly be there for others. Try it for yourself by possibly reading a book on mindfulness, taking a course on it or simply spending one day a week for the next few weeks thinking about presence and how you are present in your life.
Others may remark on it or you may begin to notice somethings you never noticed before but give yourself and others this gift and watch how your life changes

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....