Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Health and honesty


Today's Quote: "Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy." ~ Lao Tzu

Today's Questions: What are you doing for good health?

A Bit About Me:
The last couple of days someone close to me has been in hospital and it brings home to me (again) how health is (as Lao Tzu stated over 2,500 years ago) our greatest possession. Without health we can no longer do the things we want or be the person we are. Sometimes it is completely unavoidable but sometimes it is our not looking after ourselves which leads eventually to sickness, of the body and the mind!
So I encourage you to look at your own current level of health and ask yourself "what am I doing to look after my health?" Be honest with yourself and when you receive the answer from your own wisdom, do something to address it.
We only have one body to carry our soul through this lifetime and we would do well to look after it and treat it like the precious thing it actually is.
For my health I got honest this year and realised I needed to lose at least 20kg's, start working out every single day (not just incidental exercise but really hard, red in the face, sweating kind of exercise), reduce my portion size and start eating a vegetarian diet (meat has never really been my friend) and since January I have lost 10kg's. I am halfway there and feel wonderful for the benefits that this has had in my body and indeed my mind.
Now it's your turn to get honest.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....