Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tao Te Ching

Today's Quote is the 3rd verse from Lao-tzu's Tao Te Ching:

Putting a value on status
will create contentiousness
If you overvalue possessions.
people begin to steal.
By not displaying what is desirable, you will
cause the people's hearts to remain undisturbed.

The sage governs
by emptying minds and hearts,
by weakening ambitions and strengthening bones.

Practice not doing...
When action is pure and selfless,
everything settles into its own perfect place.


Today's Question:
How can your actions today be pure and selfless? How can you serve instead of always getting more?

A Bit About Me:
One minute you can have everything and the next very little. You can choose a path which takes you further from what you have known but in that journey comes the joy of knowing that you never really needed it in the first place.
I was once able to go out and purchase anything I wanted and boy did I accumulate lots. Some of the stuff I purchased lay in unopened bags or boxes for longer than anticipated.
When packing it all up I was ashamed at all the things I had and never used or wore. I vowed never to let myself be this accumulating person again and I have remained true to that to this day almost two years later.
I use everything up before purchasing more, I am pure and selfless by giving away things that have given me contentment and joy with the knowledge that someone else may receive something from them, some gem that may even change the course of their life. Books filled with wisdom and love...make-up that they wear with happiness and pride, clothes they wear with smiles and jewelery that suits them better than it ever suited me......I serve in this way and also by talking to people and helping them out of a stuck situation into a life they are in love with. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....