Monday, October 31, 2011

Be who you are


Today's Quote: “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.” ~ Joseph Campbell

Today's Question: Are you being you?


How I Apply:
I was always following someone else's plan. Gathering every opinion going. What do you think I should do? How do I go about this? Is this the right way?
Or I would read books on how other people did things and achieved and I would think that if I just followed the path of someone I admired then I would achieve the same results. Not so. I was following their map, not mine.
I heard something recently about creating your own map and it really resonated with me. Was I being me? Nope, I was being someone else and wondering why things weren't satisfying me.
Now I play by my own flexible and soft rules and follow my own path through the map I have created. I am being the best version of me that I can be right now and that is all I can do.
I may go to slow and stop along the way to smell the flowers and hug those in my path and I know that I am going at the right pace for me now.
So are you being you? Or are you being someone else's version of who you think you ought to be? ♥

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs. I have it set on my Google page, so it provides a little inspiration ever day or two. xxx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....