Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meditation gifts



Today's Quote: "Mr. Belafonte is 84 years young, but sharper and more awake than most who have been interviewing him. Maybe the world would be a better place if more people took a moment to meditate." ~ Ken Sunshine (Mr Belafonte's rep)

Today's Question: Would your world be a better place if you took some time to meditate?

How I apply:
The benefits of meditation are amazing, simply astounding! These include but are not limited to:
Improved immunity

Reducing anxiety, depression and distress

Increased empathy

Greater use of positive coping skills such as engagement and prioritising

Greater ability to resolve workplace conflicts

Improved sleep

Greater self-awareness

Improved communication

Enhanced Emotional Intelligence- self-perceived ability to identify, assess, and control the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups

It is a brilliant gift to give yourself and it doesn't have to take long. It can be sprinkled throughout your day or carried out in the morning or evening. Whatever works for you.
You can go on many different courses to find a meditation practice that suits you and that you will likely stick with. Have a play with it.
I have been meditating for many years now and find that it grounds me on a daily basis. I can always go to a state of bliss when I feel overwhelmed or in need of nourishment. I sprinkle it throughout the day and that works for me. I completed my teacher training in meditation with the Melbourne Meditation Centre and they promote a mainstream meditation that almost anyone can do and you need no prior meditation experience.
I will be running a beginners meditation group in Wellington in November and am right now finding a nice space to hold it in.
Take a moment right now and simply close your eyes, take 4 deep calming breaths. Feel the breath go right down and through you and take it to any spaces inside which feel tightness. Breathe into that space and sigh the breath back out.
Have a great day♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....