Saturday, May 21, 2011

Forgiveness

Today's Quote: "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."~ Mark Twain

Today's Question: Who or what are you unwilling to forgive? What would it take for you to forgive?

A Bit About Me:
Forgiveness is a tricky subject for many people. If we can't forgive something we term as 'something that has happened to us' and something we see as a 'wrongdoing' on someone else's part, then we get to the stages of wanting revenge and they say that if you are plotting revenge on someone then you may as well dig two graves. Who is in the most pain here?...I think that would be you.
Over the past while I have had trouble with forgiveness that is when I know my work is always being done, my self work. Recently I forgave the people who I perceived had done me wrong. I took back my light and my power and got past the feeling and now I feel even better for it!
It may be yourself you aren't forgiving or someone close to you, it could have been years ago that you decided not to forgive and that is okay. In my coaching work this subjects comes up quite frequently and it is a juicy topic. If you are having trouble with the concept of forgiveness then feel free to drop me a line at yvonne (at) safespacecoaching.com (I am writing it like that so I don't get spam....
Take Care

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do love the quote from Mark Twain!
    Forgiveness, it sounds so simple doesn't it?
    It is truly freedom though, when you (I) figure it out.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....