Friday, January 28, 2011

Poverty


I watched a really interesting documentary last night called How the Other Half live. It was a U.K show and basically they take a family who are poverty stricken and a wealthy family and get the wealthy ones to help out. It was humbling to watch.
Something the little girl of the wealthy family said into the camera made me really tear up.

Today's Quote is that line:

"I asked my dad what poverty actually meant as I hadn't heard that word before."

Today's Question:

How can you help someone who is in need this week?

A Bit About Me:
Sometimes I feel like because I work in a Not-For-Profit and I help people everyday, that I really don't need to help anymore but I just can't help myself. It is as much a part of me as my eyes and over the years I have come to realise that I do need to say no gracefully sometimes as then I end up being a doormat and that is no fun.
In the past I have helped old ladies cross busy streets, cuddled strangers, smiled at people in the street, given someone (who was just about to put money into the parking meter) my ticket which had time left and much much more. I don't tell people about the good deeds I do but they make me feel so great I wanted to share with you.

P.S The picture above has nothing at all to do with the post but I think it's pretty....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....