Friday, July 24, 2009

Greatness

I was given today's quote from Marie over at Art From My Heart. Thank you Marie! Please readers, share your favourites with me....

Today's Quote:

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Mark Twain

Today's Questions:

Can you identify the people in your life that drain you? What are they saying to you? How are they acting? How might you accept them as they are instead of allowing yourself to be brought down by them (you do have a choice here)?

About me:
You… as an individual…can choose to surround yourself with whomever you wish. Moving about countries has it's challenges for me but also many gifts. I find new friends all the time and can choose to surround myself with people who bring out the best in me and I in them. I may limit the time I spend with people who I feel drain me but I don’t have to let them leave my life completely. Be with people who nurture you and bring out the positive person inside. Allow your greatness to SHINE****

6 comments:

  1. I can identify them, but sometimes I think it is me reacting to something deep inside and I become defensive. Aren't they there for a mirror?
    I guess to accept them, I wouldn't spend a ton of time with them either, small amounts would probably be better.
    This quote from the universe at tut.com is kind of how I look at it. It makes me think that I have brought the Debbie Downers in to my life for a reason.
    "Do you realize,
    that you have never heard anything, from anyone, that you did not want to hear? Pretty tricky of you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marie,

    Everyone we meet are our mirrors in life! We are the only ones we can't see. Have you ever heard of projection. I take all of my clients through this session. Such powerful stuff.
    Anything we see in anyone we can be it too. That's why it irritates us so much! It does react deep inside of us...
    Wow, I could go on so I'll stop now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, please go on!!
    How should I stop it from irritating me, by looking deeper at my reaction and finding that source inside myself??? I think this is all easier said than done in my case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne thank you for your thoughts and light.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great quote and i needed it today
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you say what you want to say.....